I had the pleasure of attending the Ultra Book (#UltrabookStyle) Inside Generation Style Show hosted by IFB (Independent Fashion Bloggers) and Intel on Wednesday and was immediately intrigued by the creative approach on how a launch of a laptop was incorporated into a fashion show.
In case you’re not aware, IFB was founded in 2007 by Jennine Tam of The Coveted and is a community for fashion bloggers to share their experiences in the blogging scene, offering resources on how to take their blogs to the next level. They provide helpful articles, host a community linking group, forums and offer a new platform where they can connect bloggers and PR in a safe and mutually beneficial way.
It was definitely a unique approach to showcase their new Ultrabook through a fashion show that not only had bloggers as guests, but were integrated in the actual show. Well, we all know that bloggers work remotely and need a computer, so the lightweight laptop seemed to be the perfect marriage, even in the beauty and fashion space. From a marketing perspective, this was a seamless way to not only reach the bloggers but to leverage their cult following readers. The laptops were featured in the show on the arms of the bloggers (or in their purses) among other sponsors such as Bauble Bar, Arrojo, Kamali Kulture, Just Fabulous and Orla Kiely.
The bloggers working it out on the catwalk included:
- Jenni Radosevich from I Spy DIY
- Ann Somma from Holier Than Now
- Laura Elner from On the Racks
- Delmy Riviera from Fashion Bananas
- Jessie Artigue from Style & Pepper
- Jinna Yang from Grease & Glamour
- Caroline Knapp from Sweet Caroline in the City
- Julia DiNardo from Fashion Pulse Daily
- Carolyn Hsu from the Hsu Closet
- Gabi Gregg from Gabi Fresh
- Christine Bibbo Herr from NYCPretty
- Samantha Lim from FashionIndie
- Eileen Dautruche from Miss Whoever You Are
- Danielle Bernstein from We Wore What
- Christina Topacio from ProFresh Style
You can watch the show here and see for yourself. What do you think of this brand and blogger collaboration?